Students from outside Canada~CCNM welcomes applications from U.S. and international students | CCNM

Students from outside Canada

CCNM welcomes applications from U.S. and international students

You are here

CCNM welcomes applications from U.S. and international students to the degree program. Every year, students choose the College because of its reputation as a leader in naturopathic education and research.

In order to study in Canada, you will need a study permit. The application process can take up to four months. Please note that you will need the following:

  • Proof of acceptance to CCNM
  • Proof of identity
  • Proof of financial support
  • Letter of explanation

In addition to these documents, you may have to provide other information when you apply. Check the website of the visa office responsible for your country or region for local requirements.

Graduates from the United States, who plan to return home to practice after graduation, will meet the eligibility requirements for all regulated jurisdictions in the U.S.

Applicants who intend to practice outside North America are advised to contact the local naturopathic medicine licensing body to inquire about requirements for licensing in that country.

CCNM’s minimum requirements for International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Test are:

  • IELTS (academic): minimum overall band score of 6.5 or higher (on a 9-point scale)
  • TOEFL iBT: minimum 86 out of 120 (CCNM TOEFL DI Code: 0245)
  • CAEL: minimum overall band score of 60 or higher (on a 90 point scale)

Student visas

Visas are required by students who are coming to CCNM from outside Canada. If you have not already done so, please complete the Government of Canada’s Notice of Collection of Personal Information and Consent form (PDF) and send it to us at Please also include a copy of your visa in your email as well as proof of the date of landing (this includes stamp in your passport, visa, or airline ticket).


Can I work while I study?

Yes! Currently, you will need a Social Insurance Number (SIN) from Service Canada in order to work in Canada. As long as you have a SIN, a valid study permit and are enrolled as a full-time student at CCNM, you are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions. You can also work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.

I have a spouse or common-law partner – can I bring them to Canada?

Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a work permit as long as you are a full-time student at CCNM with a valid study permit. Work permits for your spouse or common-law partner are valid for the same period of time as your study permit.

Is it possible to live on campus?

You have the option of choosing from CCNM’s affordable, on-site residence or nearby, off-campus housing options.

Fees and Financial Aid

At CCNM, we endeavour to keep our tuition prices as low as possible, and are proud to offer top quality education at the lowest rate of all accredited naturopathic schools in North America.

Includes NSA extended health and dental plan, CAND membership, NSA fee and estimated cost of books.

In addition to the NSA extended health and dental plan, CCNM provides basic health insurance protection for international students at no cost to them. Additional protection can be purchased at the student’s expense for spouses and/or dependants.

Can I remain in Canada after I graduate?

You can apply for a work permit under the existing Post-Graduation Work Permit Program within 90 days of graduating from CCNM. Another option is to remain in Canada as a permanent resident.

CCNM is recognized by the Government of Canada as a designated learning institution (DLI) for study permit purposes. Our DLI number is O19305338292.

How can I contact the Canadian embassy or consulate?

Please visit the Government of Canada to see where the Canadian embassy or consulate is located in your city or country.


Transcripts for students who have studied outside of North America

Students applying for the four-year Doctor of Naturopathy degree program who have completed their university study at an institution outside North America must have their transcripts evaluated and translated (if necessary). This is not required for bridge delivery applicants.

For further information, please contact the admissions and student services department at 1 (866) 241-2266 ext. 245 or

Future students (U.S.)
PDF icon Download (PDF) (12.48 MB)
Future Students (International)
PDF icon Download (PDF) (11.44 MB)

CCNM logo


Talk to a student services advisor today by emailing

Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine

Educating naturopathic doctors in North America for over 40 years

1255 Sheppard Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario M2K 1E2

College: (416) 498-1255 I 1 (866) 241-2266 (toll-free)

Clinic: (416) 498-9763

Member of the Association of
Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges