Through excellence in health education, clinical services and research that integrate mind, body and spirit, CCNM's naturopathic medicine diploma program develops primary-care doctors accomplished in the art and practice of naturopathic medicine.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Integrate naturopathic philosophy and principles with medical knowledge in the care of patients.
- Educate patients and the public in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Manage the underlying spiritual, social, mental and physical causes of disease.
- Practice in a manner that exemplifies professionalism, strong ethics and a commitment to the principles of naturopathic medicine.
- Communicate effectively with patients.
- Appraise and apply research in treating patients.
- Integrate biomedical with clinical science knowledge in the assessment, diagnosis and management of patients.
- Utilize naturopathic therapeutics in the individualized care of patients including but not limited to:
- Asian Medicine - Counselling/Health Psychology - Nature Cure - Botanical Medicine - Homeopathic Medicine - Pharmaceuticals - Clinical Nutrition - Lifestyle Modification - Physical Medicine
- Identify the need for urgent and emergent health care and direct appropriate resolution.
- Establish and manage a naturopathic practice.
- Manage chronic disease.
- Demonstrate leadership in health advocacy and environmental stewardship.
- Collaborate effectively and work in partnership with other health care practitioners.
- Demonstrate commitment to the advancement of the naturopathic profession.