Through excellence in health education, clinical services and research that integrate mind, body and spirit, CCNM's Doctor of Naturopathy degree program develops primary-care doctors accomplished in the art and practice of naturopathic medicine.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Integrate naturopathic philosophy and principles with medical knowledge in the care of patients.
- Educate patients and the public in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Manage the underlying spiritual, social, mental and physical causes of disease.
- Practice in a manner that exemplifies professionalism, strong ethics and a commitment to the principles of naturopathic medicine.
- Communicate effectively with patients.
- Appraise and apply research in treating patients.
- Integrate biomedical with clinical science knowledge in the assessment, diagnosis and management of patients.
- Utilize naturopathic therapeutics in the individualized care of patients including but not limited to:
- Identifying the need for urgent and emergent health care and directing appropriate resolution.
- Establishing and managing a naturopathic practice.
- Managing chronic disease.
- Demonstrating leadership in health advocacy and environmental stewardship.
- Collaborating effectively and working in partnership with other health care practitioners.
- Demonstrating commitment to the advancement of the naturopathic profession.