- About CCNM
- Prospective Students
- Why choose CCNM?
- Academic Calendar
- Admissions Information
- How to Apply
- Student Life
- Bachelor of Naturopathy
- Bridge Delivery for IMGs
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Assistance
- Fragrance-free Policy
- Our Clinics
Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
Naturopathic doctors are guided by six fundamental healing principles:
- First, to do no harm, by using methods and medicines that minimize the risk of harmful side effects.
- To treat the causes of disease, by identifying and removing the underlying causes of illness, rather than suppressing symptoms.
- To teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine, by sharing knowledge with patients and encouraging individual responsibility for health.
- To heal the whole person through individualized treatment, by understanding the unique physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental and social factors that contribute to illness, and customizing treatment protocols to the patient.
- To emphasize prevention, by partnering with the patient to assess risk factors and recommend appropriate naturopathic interventions to maintain health and prevent illness.
- To support the healing power of the body, by recognizing and removing obstacles to the body's inherent self-healing process.